I teach courses in bio-statistics, simulation modelling, ecology and agriculture for undergraduate and postgraduate students and research staff.
I currently coordinate and/or teach in the following units at UWA:
- Modelling in the Natural Sciences SCIE5500
- Data Management and Analysis in the Natural Sciences SCIE4402
- Australian Vegetation PLNT3306
- Global Climate Change and Biodiversity ENVT2221
- Cropping and Pasture Systems SCIE3314
I also run short courses on R, the powerful free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. These courses are designed for for scientific researchers, including both staff and students. They include a general beginners' course, and also follow-up courses focusing on graphics and data manipulation. These courses are run at least once each year at UWA, and at other locations from time to time as well.